Views (Production Mapping)
Views are map settings that can be saved to and retrieved from any geodatabase. They allow you to manage the properties of a data frame and layers so they can be reapplied at any time while allowing you to decide which current map properties to keep and which to override.
The Views tools are accessed from the Production Symbology toolbar and consist of the following:
- The New View button allows you to create and name a new view.
- The Save View button allows you to save the view you created to the database you have designated.
- The Select View drop-down list allows you to select the view you want to apply from the list of views previously stored in the database.
- The Apply View changes command allows you to apply the view changes you have selected.
- The Delete View button allows you to delete a selected view.
- The View Settings button allows you to configure the settings of a view before they are applied.
- The Views button displays the View Properties dialog box, which allows you to manage the views stored in your designated database.