Moving files in the product library (Production Mapping)
You can cut and paste files to move them to different parts of the product library. Cutting the file removes it from its current location. Once it is pasted into another part of the product library, the link is replaced with one to the current file.
For example, there could be an Extensible Markup Language (XML) file you want to move from the product level to the series level. To move it, you would cut the file from the product and paste it into the series.
- Start ArcMap.
If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the main menu.
A tree view of the product library appears.
Click the Manage Files button on the Product Library window.
The file manager appears.
- Navigate to the file you want to move in the product library.
- Right-click the file and click Cut.
- Navigate to the product library level to which you want to move the file.
- Right-click in the right-hand pane of the file manager and click Paste.
- If necessary, choose an option to resolve file conflicts and click OK.
- If necessary, click OK when the process completes.
The file is pasted into its new location.