Deleting part of a feature (Production Mapping)
Production Mapping provides several functions for working with multipart features.
If you have a multipart feature where you do not need all the parts any longer, you can remove parts by deleting them. This deletes the part of the feature entirely and updates the geometry attributes of the feature such as the length and area.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Select a multipart polygon or line feature.
- Click the Edit Vertices button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Right-click a node on the part of the feature you want to delete and click Delete Feature Part.
The selected part of the polygon is deleted.