Modifying topology edges by drawing a sketch (Production Mapping)
With the Production Reshape Topology Edge tool, you can create a new shape for the topological element, similar to the Production Reshape Selected Geometry tool. For instance, if your topology includes parcel boundaries, you can reshape a shared edge.
You can also modify topological elements along multiple topological edges.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load a topology in the map or open an existing map document with a topology.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Topology Edit button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select the topology edge you want to reshape.
- Click the Production Reshape Topology Edge button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Drag a new topology edge, crossing the original feature twice.
- Double-click the last node to finish reshaping.