Deleting features from the feature class (Production Mapping)
Once features are selected, you can delete them from the feature layer as needed. For instance, if you find there are features that are no longer needed in the dataset, you can remove them from the feature class altogether.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
- Select features using one of the following tools:
- The Select Features tool on the Tools toolbar
- The Edit tool on the Production Editing toolbar
- Right-click the feature you want to delete and click Delete.
The feature is removed from the tree view on the Update tab and the geodatabase.