Copying and pasting attributes from a template to a feature (Production Mapping)
With the Feature Manager, you can copy all the attributes from a feature template and save them in the local memory so they can be pasted as the attributes of an existing feature or in a text document. This allows you to quickly return the attributes of the feature to a known set of default values. When you paste the attributes into a feature, values are only pasted for the attribute fields that match the destination feature. For example, if you copy attributes from one feature that has NAM and ZV2 fields and the destination feature only has the ZV2 field, only the ZV2 value is pasted.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Choose the template from which you want to copy attributes.
Do one of the following to copy feature attributes:
To copy all the attributes for a template
Right-click the template whose attributes you want to copy in the tree view on the Create tab and click Copy Attributes.
To copy selected attributes
Check the check boxes next to the attributes you want to copy on the Create Attributes window, right-click the feature on the Update tab, then click Copy Attributes.
The fields and associated values for the selected feature are stored in the local memory.
- Select features using one of the following tools:
- The Select Features tool on the Tools toolbar
- The Edit tool on the Production Editing toolbar
- Click the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
- Right-click the selected feature on the Update tab and click Paste Attributes.Note:
If the Ignore Paste field configuration setting is checked for a field, its value is not pasted into the selected feature.
All fields and associated values for the selected feature are populated with the attributes that have been stored in the local memory.