Creating features by splitting and intersecting existing features (Production Mapping)
The Create and Intersect Features construction tool allows you to digitize a sketch line that crosses another polyline from the same feature class as the selected template. This results in four intersected and split features.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Choose the line template you want to use to create the new feature.
- Click the Create and Intersect Features tool at the bottom of the Create tab.
- Click and drag in the map to draw a line across a preexisting line feature from the same feature class as selected template.
- Double-click to create the end node and finish the sketch.
A new line feature is created where the line intersects other line features from the same feature class as the selected template in the map.