Updating the verification status for records (Production Mapping)
After a record is corrected, it is customary to have another person verify the correction and ensure it is acceptable. The verification process is similar to the correction process in that it involves interacting with the Reviewer table record and updating table information. During the verification process, the record is visited and its correction reviewed. The verification status is also provided to indicate whether it is acceptable.
Once the verification status is chosen, the verification process is complete, and the VERIFICATIONTECHNICIAN, VERIFICATIONDATE, and VERIFICATIONSTATUS fields are populated for the record or records that have been verified. If you have verified a number of records at the same time, you can update the verification status for all of them at the same time.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
- Start a Reviewer session in one of the following:
- Click the Reviewer Table button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
- Select one or more records in the Reviewer table.
Right-click the record or records and click Enter Verification Status.
The Reviewer Verify dialog box appears.
Choose a status option.
- Custom—A custom value that describes the verification status.Note:
If you choose Custom, the Description text box becomes enabled.
- Acceptable—The correction is acceptable.
- Unacceptable—Further changes must be made.
- Mark as Exception—The record is acceptable as it is.
- Custom—A custom value that describes the verification status.
If you have chosen the Custom option, type a description to use for the verification status in the Description text box.
For example, you could use "Re-Review" as a verification status.
- Click OK.
The VERIFICATIONTECHNICIAN, VERIFICATIONDATE, and VERIFICATIONSTATUS fields are updated for the selected record or records.