Creating an interoperability connection
The ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension adds support for a large number of nonnative spatial data and table formats. You can create interoperability connections to supported formats and manage them in the Catalog tree as direct-read datasets. You can use interoperability connections anyplace where you can specify a data source, such as adding data to ArcMap or as input to geoprocessing tools.
Installing the Data Interoperability extension enables interoperability connections for reading WFS services and GML-SF (simple features) datasets. Purchasing a Data Interoperability license and enabling the extension in the ArcGIS for Desktop application adds additional out-of-the-box support for GIS, CAD, raster, and database formats.
The following steps describe how to create an interoperability connection:
In Catalog Tree, expand the Interoperability Connections folder.
- Double-click Add Interoperability Connection.
- Click the Format browse (ellipsis) button to open FME Reader Gallery.
- Choose the desired format and click OK.
- Click the Dataset browse (ellipsis) button and select the dataset.
- Click OK to close the Interoperability Connection dialog box.