What's new for defense and intelligence in 10.1
This topic describes what's new in ArcGIS 10.1 for defense and intelligence.
- The data in Esri military feature unit layers distributed through ArcGIS.com are symbolized using unique values based on two fields. The two required fields are symbol name and echelon. For more information, see Define new types of UEI features.
- A new topic was added, Create a military feature from a SIDC, to better help users create a feature from a symbol identification code (SIDC), such as SFGPEVAI--MOUSG.
- At this release, the main symbol specification that ArcGIS military features are based on is:
- MIL-STD-2525C (and its related publication, FM 1-02 Operational Terms and Symbols)
For details on symbol specification support, see Military symbol specifications supported by ArcGIS.
- If you are using Military Analyst and MOLE, review Migrating from Military Analyst and MOLE to help you transition to ArcGIS 10.1.