Editing permissions in Manager
Using ArcGIS Server Manager, you can set permissions for a service or folder to specify who is allowed to access it.
When a role has its role type set to Administrator or Publisher, members of that role will have implicit permission to access all services hosted on an ArcGIS Server site. This implicit permission cannot be overridden by changing the permissions on a service or folder.
To set permissions, follow the steps below.
- Open Manager and log in. If you need help with this step, see Logging in to Manager.
- Click Services, then locate the service or folder you want to edit.
- To set permissions for a folder, click the folder and then click the lock icon next to the folder name. To set permissions for a service, click the lock icon corresponding to that service. The lock icon will indicate whether the folder or service is currently secured or publicly available to all users .
- To secure a folder or service, click the Private, available only to selected users option. This disables anonymous access to the resource. Now, only users who have been authenticated and authorized will be allowed to access this resource.Note:
The Public, available to everyone option is available only with ArcGIS token-based authentication. It is not supported with web server authentication.
- To authorize access for all users in the Identity Store, click the Allow access to all users who are logged in option.Note:
This option is available only with ArcGIS token-based authentication and not supported with web server authentication.
- To allow access to users belonging to a specific set of roles, click the add role icon next to the role name to add it to the Allowed roles list. To access this resource, a user must be a member of at least one of the roles in the Allowed roles list.
- Click Save to apply your changes.