Installing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform)
The ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform) has its own installation program, separate from the ArcGIS for Server installation. Follow the steps below to install the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform).
Installing SP1? See Installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform) for more information.
- Review the license agreement, and accept if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation.
- Click Change to specify the installation folder or Next to accept the default location.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- Navigate to the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, please refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Optionally, if you want to deploy multiple Web Adaptors on the host machine, redeploy the arcgis.war file as necessary. Keep in mind that if you're deploying multiple Web Adaptors on the same website (port), they need to use different names. For example, two Web Adaptors named arcgis cannot exist on the same website. If you want multiple Web Adaptors with the same name, you'll need to install them on separate websites (ports).
- Connect the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your ArcGIS Server site by completing the steps in Configuring the Web Adaptor after installation. If you upgraded the Web Adaptor to 10.1 SP1, you'll need to complete this step to reregister the Web Adaptor with your site.Note:
After installing, the Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.