Converting closed polylines to polygons (Defense Mapping)
Once Multinational Geospatial Co-production Program (MGCP) cells have been validated using the MGCP LandCover Validation tool, you can create polygons from the closed polylines that are found by the tool. The tool converts the closed polylines features that have been recorded in the Reviewer table to polygons based on the template selected. This allows the LandCover features to create a continuous base with no gaps.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Defense Mapping MGCP Tools.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Validate a cell feature.
Choose a closed line feature in the Reviewer table.
The feature is highlighted in the map display.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Choose a polygon feature class as the template to use to fill the gap.
- Click the MGCP LandCover Create Polygons button on the Defense Mapping MGCP Tools toolbar.
- Click the Refresh button in the data frame.
The target feature now fills the closed polyline feature.