Orienting line labels to line direction
- Enable the Maplex Label Engine.
- Click the Label Manager button on the Labeling toolbar.
- Check the check box next to the layer you want to label.
- Choose a label class under the layer.
- Click the Properties button.
- Click the Label Position tab.
- Click the Orientation button.
Check the Align label to direction of line check box.
This can be useful if flow-arrow symbols are represented by glyphs in fonts and need to be placed in the direction of the line. Note that this option can result in labels being placed upside down.
- Click OK to close all dialog boxes.
You can also open the Placement Properties dialog box by clicking the Placement Properties button on the Labels tab of the Layer Properties dialog box for the layer you want to label.