Editing service files on Linux or UNIX
If you installed the application service feature, you must add a name and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) port number entry to the ArcSDE services.sde file and the Linux or UNIX operating system services file for your ArcSDE service.
Open the services.sde file in a text editor.
This file is in the ArcSDE/db2exe/etc directory.
- Define the service name and TCP/IP port number on which the ArcSDE
service will accept connection
requests by doing one of the following:
- Remove the comment mark (#) from the default entry esri_sde 5151/tcp.
- Add a unique service name and TCP/IP port number, for example, arcsde 4000/tcp.
- Open the operating system services file.
- Add the same service entry you defined in the services.sde file to the operating system services file.
- Save and close both services files.
Once the service is defined, you can start it on the server.