Installing the ArcSDE application server and command line tools on Windows
To install the ArcSDE application server and/or the administration command line tools, run the setup executable of the ArcSDE installation files for your database management system and operating system, which you downloaded from the Esri Customer Care portal.
The setup executable opens the installation wizard. Follow these steps to install the ArcSDE application server and administration command line tools:
You can click Help in the installation wizard to get extra information on a specific step.
- Log in as a Windows administrator to the server where you placed the installation files.
- In the folder specific to your database management system, double-click setup.exe to run the installation wizard.
- Click Next after you have read and followed the instructions on the first dialog box of the wizard.
- Read the license agreement.
- If you agree to the terms of the agreement, click I accept the license agreement and click Next to continue.
- If you do not agree to the terms of the agreement, click I do not agree with the license agreement and click Cancel; you cannot proceed with the installation.
- Choose which features to install.
By default, both the application server and administration command line tools are installed. To deselect a feature, click the icon next to it and choose This feature will not be available.Tip:
If you decide to install a feature later, run the setup executable again and choose the Modify option.
- If this is a new installation and the %SDEHOME% location is not already defined on this computer, you can choose where to install the files by clicking Change and navigating to the location on disk where you want to install. If there is an existing %SDEHOME% location on the computer, files are automatically installed there.
- Click Next once you have chosen which features to install and where to install them.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish to close the wizard.
Your db2exe folder in the location where you chose to install ArcSDE contains the files necessary to use the features you chose: the ArcSDE application server and/or the ArcSDE command line tools. If you chose to install the ArcSDE command line tools, the ArcSDE administration command reference is installed in a Documentation folder.