Silently installing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor
The ArcGIS Web Adaptor can be installed silently using command line parameters, as described below. Alternatively, you can install from the user interface.
Installation behavior and requirements
The Web Adaptor's version must always match the version of its registered ArcGIS Server site.
You can have a 10.2.1 and later version of the Web Adaptor installed alongside other earlier versions of the Web Adaptor on the same machine. For example, you can have a 10.1 SP1 version and a 10.2.2 version of the Web Adaptor deployed on the same web server.
Each Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server.
Upgrading an earlier version of the Web Adaptor
If you want to upgrade an earlier version of the Web Adaptor to 10.2.2, you'll need to uninstall the old version and install the 10.2.2 setup. During the 10.2.2 installation, you'll specify the same name as your earlier Web Adaptor. This will guarantee your Web Adaptor URL will remain identical to the earlier version.
After installing 10.2.2, you'll need to configure the Web Adaptor with its corresponding ArcGIS Server site.
In versions earlier than 10.2.1, running the setup upgraded all existing Web Adaptors to the latest version.
Installing the Web Adaptor silently
- Before beginning the installation, read the license agreement located at <CD_ROOT or untar directory>/Documentation/EULA.pdf and accept the terms.
- Run the setup silently at the prompt. See sample syntax below:
<CD_ROOT or untar directory>/Setup -m silent -l yes
Usage: Setup [Options]
-m; --mode MODE
Optional. Defaults to GUI.
MODE is either silent or gui.
-l; --license-agreement CHOICE
Required for silent mode. CHOICE is either Yes or No.
Yes indicates that you have read and agreed to the Esri License Agreement (E204, E300). Visit esri.com/legal/licensing/software-license.html to read the license agreement.
-d; --directory DIRECTORY
Optional. By default, the Web Adaptor is installed to your $HOME directory. DIRECTORY specifies a different installation directory.
The path /arcgis/webadaptor10.2.2/ is appended to the installation directory.
The name of the installation directory should be lowercase. The samples and data installed require the data path to be lowercase.
It is recommended that you do not install the Web Adaptor to a remote network drive. If the remote drive is not accessible at uninstallation time, the uninstallation could fail and leave files behind.
Installer runs in verbose mode.
Displays command line help and exits.
Displays usage examples of these options and exits.
- Browse to the Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Optionally, if you want to deploy multiple Web Adaptors on the host machine, redeploy the arcgis.war file as necessary. If you're deploying multiple Web Adaptors on the same website (port), they need to use different names; for example, two Web Adaptors named arcgis cannot exist on the same website. If you want multiple Web Adaptors with the same name, you'll need to install them on separate websites (ports).
- Connect the Web Adaptor to your ArcGIS Server site by completing the steps in Configuring the ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
After installation, the Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.