Unregistering ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS
This topic only applies to 10.2.1 and later versions.
If you want to modify Portal for ArcGIS to use a different ArcGIS Web Adaptor, for example, you want to change the name of the Web Adaptor or the name of the machine hosting the Web Adaptor, you're required to first unregister the Web Adaptor with your portal.
You'll use the ArcGIS Portal Directory to unregister the Web Adaptor with your portal. You can only unregister through the Portal Directory; the unregister functionality is not available from the Web Adaptor configuration page or the portal website.
To unregister the Web Adaptor, follow the steps below.
- Open the Portal Directory and log in as a member who has administrative access to the portal. The URL is formatted https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin.
- Click System > Web Adaptors.
- On the Web Adaptors page, click the name of the machine hosting the Web Adaptor.
- On the Web Adaptor: <machine name> page, click Unregister Web Adaptor.
- On the Unregister Web Adaptor page, click Unregister Web Adaptor. The Web Adaptor is unregistered with your portal.
- Configure the new Web Adaptor with your portal. For full instructions, see Configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
If your intention is to completely remove the previous Web Adaptor from your portal, it is recommended that you uninstall the Web Adaptor after following the steps above. Uninstalling deletes all of the Web Adaptor's configuration details from the portal and blocks members and clients from accessing the portal through the unregistered Web Adaptor URL. For full instructions, see Uninstalling the ArcGIS Web Adaptor.