Installing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor
The ArcGIS Web Adaptor is provided as a setup program and is executed through a utility named Setup.exe. You'll install the Web Adaptor on its own using the steps below or you can install silently using Windows Installer command line parameters.
Installation behavior and requirements
The Web Adaptor's version must always match the version of Portal for ArcGIS.
You can have a 10.2.1 and later version of the Web Adaptor installed alongside other earlier versions of the Web Adaptor on the same machine. For example, you can have a 10.1 SP1 version and a 10.2.2 version of the Web Adaptor deployed on the same web server.
Each Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server.
Upgrading an earlier version of the Web Adaptor
If you want to upgrade an earlier version of the Web Adaptor to 10.2.2, you'll need to uninstall the old version and install the 10.2.2 setup. During the 10.2.2 installation, you'll specify the same name as your earlier Web Adaptor. This will guarantee your Web Adaptor URL will remain identical to the earlier version.
After installing 10.2.2, you'll need to configure the Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS.
In versions earlier than 10.2.1, running the setup upgraded all existing Web Adaptors to the latest version.
Before installing the Web Adaptor
- Verify that your system meets all system requirements.
- Log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Verify that you have a website running on port 80 and SSL is enabled on port 443. This is to accommodate the variety of encrypted and unencrypted calls made to Portal for ArcGIS. The Web Adaptor cannot be configured with your portal if it is deployed on a website running on ports other than 80 and 443. For instructions on how to create a website, consult the product documentation specific for your Java application server. For more information about setting up and using SSL, see Enabling SSL on your web server.
- Close all applications.
- Browse to the folder containing the Web Adaptor setup. You can also insert the Portal for ArcGIS media into the appropriate drive to launch the setup.
You are now ready to proceed with the installation.
How to install the Web Adaptor
- Review the license agreement and accept if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation.
- Click Change to specify the installation folder or Next to accept the default location.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- Browse to the Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server on a website running on port 80. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Connect the Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS by completing the steps in Configuring the ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
After installation, the Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.