Configuring a disconnected deployment
If you're configuring Portal for ArcGIS in an environment where there is no Internet connection available or Internet access is prohibited by your organization, you need to point all the portal functions at your own local resources. For example, you'll need to change the basemap services, place finder service, and geometry service used by the map viewer.
The items that need to be modified include the portal's utility services and website-specific properties. The utility service settings are configured through the portal. The website has its own configuration files, which you must modify. If any users have downloaded the web application templates and hosted them on a web server, the templates will need to be configured to point to local resources.
Repointing the portal to local resources
You must repoint the values of the following properties to local resources:
- Print service
- Geocode service
- Geometry service
- Route service
To learn how to update these service URLs, see Configuring utility services for full instructions.
- blog: Specify "<URL to internal blog>", to point to an internal blog. Specify showBlogLink: as false, to disable the blog link.
- extentService: "<URL to local map service>",. The extent service is used to update or set the extent of a web map item in the Set Extent dialog box in the portal website. The service must use the WGS 1984 geographic coordinate system with well-known ID (WKID) 4326.
- forums: Specify "<URL to internal forums>", to point to internal forums. Specify showForumsLink: as false, to disable the forums link.
- gcsBasemapService: "<URL to local map service>",. The GCS basemap service is used as the basemap for OGC WMS services that do not support the Web Mercator coordinate system.
- resourceCenter: Specify "<URL to internal website>", to point to an internal website or specify null, to disable the resource center link.
- showBlogLink: Specify true, to point to an internal blog. Specify false, to disable the blog link.
- showForumsLink: Specify true, to point to internal forums. Specify false, to disable the forums link.
- showSocialMediaLinks: false,.
- webSearchEnabled: false,.
To learn more about these properties and how to edit them as described above, see Setting advanced portal options.
Web application templates
To learn more about web application templates, click the Help link at the top of the portal website, expand Working with web maps > Creating applications from web maps, and click About web application templates.
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS is an application that provides a common operational picture to monitor an event or system in your organization. You can deploy Operations Dashboard with your portal to build operation views, which include maps, lists, charts, and other tools to display and track live geographic data. For more information, see Deploy Operations Dashboard to Portal for ArcGIS.