As an administrator of your organization, you can choose which groups to feature on the Groups and My Organization pages of the site. You can also choose which templates to use for sharing groups as gallery applications. For more information, see Sharing groups.
To configure the group settings, follow the steps below.
- Verify that you are logged in and that you are an administrator of your organization.
- Click the My Organization button at the top of the site.
Your organization page opens.
- Click the Edit Settings button.
- Click the Groups link on the left side of the page.
- Configure either or both of the following groups settings:
- For Featured Groups, select a group from the list of all the groups owned by members of your organization. You can also search for a specific group by entering its name in the search box, clicking the Search button, then clicking the group name to add it to the list of featured groups.
- For Gallery Applications, choose the group that contains the templates you want available for sharing groups as gallery applications.
To change how the items are sorted in the gallery, select a field in the drop-down list next to Sorted by. To change how the items are ordered, check or uncheck the box next to Ascending. If you change the sort field or order here, the items on the group page, as well as on embedded galleries or gallery apps, are also changed.Note:
Each template should include a downloadable ZIP file containing the source code of the application template and a preview version that can be displayed in a web browser. Add your preview version as a web mapping application item, then attach your source code to the item. For more information on creating custom templates and adding them to ArcGIS Online, see Creating web application templates.
- Click Save to save the changes you've made.
Group owners can add public items to their groups. This means that as a group owner, you could include some items shared to ArcGIS Online by Esri in your Basemap Gallery and Web App Templates. For example, you could include the World Topographic Map as a basemap and some of the Map Stories templates. For more information, see Owning groups.