Esri's rich client applications, which are also referred to as
Desktop GIS, allow users to perform advanced spatial analysis,
model operational processes, and visualize results on
Consider using rich client applications if:
- Your application must support disconnected or occasionally
- Your application will be deployed on client PCs.
- Your application must be highly interactive and
- Your application user interface must provide rich functionality
such as 3D visualization and user interaction.
- Your applications must utilize the resources of the client