Recorded Training Seminars
- Introduction to
the Esri Community Maps Program
- If you are new to Community Maps, this is a perfect place to start your training. This one-hour recorded training seminar provides a complete overview of the Community Maps Program. You will learn how you can use the maps the program provides, and whether your organization should consider participating as a content contributor.
- Put Your Community on the Map
- If you are familiar with Esri Community Maps and want to know more about how to contribute your organization's authoritative basemap content, this one hour training seminar will help you get started.
Community Maps Webinars
The Community Maps team schedules one hour webinars regularly throughout the year to discuss best practices, celebrate community acheivments and share timely information on enhancements to the program. Dates and connection details for future webinars are provided via our Twitter feed and Community Maps blog. Archived recordings of past webinars can be found on the Esri Community Maps Program video channel. Just search for "Community Maps Webinar" to quickly find the recordings.
Our recorded lectures and downloadable materials provide you the ability learn about Community Maps at your own convenience. There are two courses to choose from.
Preparing Data for Esri Community Maps with the Local Government Information Model
- This four lesson course focuses on migrating basemap data layers from a variety of sources into the Local Government Information Model (LGIM) in preparation for Community Maps data submission. An overview of the specific LGIM feature classes and attributes accepted by Community Maps for basemap contribution is provided, along with a suggested workflow and tools that can be used to migrate source data with a minimum of effort. This course is appropriate for potential Community Maps contributors who currently use or are considering adopting the Local Government Information Model.
Building a Campus Basemap Workshop materials
- This four lesson workshop focuses on using Esri map templates to create a basemap that can be used as a
stand-alone product and as the foundation for useful web
applications. The workshop also covers how the value of the
finished product can be even further extended by contributing it to
Esri Community Maps.
The Community Maps team offers standard classroom and online instructor-led versions of the self-paced workshops above. These workshops are conducted by special request and when demand warrants. If you are interested in hosting an instructor-led class or want more information, contact Community Maps Training.