ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting helps national hydrographic offices,
charting agencies, and subcontractors manage large volumes of data
and produce standardized nautical databases and charts for a
variety of maritime needs. By providing a GIS-based platform, ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting helps your organization significantly improve
data and chart management efficiency.
With ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting, you can
- Produce and maintain S-57 Electronic Navigational Charts (ENC)
and paper charts simultaneously as well as other navigational and
nonnavigational products such as Digital Nautical Charts (DNCs),
additional military layers (AML), and marine information overlays
- Significantly reduce production time by generating high-quality
electronic, hard-copy, and raster navigational products that comply
with nautical and hydrographic standards.
- Manage complex nautical symbols, labels, and chart elements,
including oceanographic, meteorological, and defense
specifications, via database-driven cartography.
- Enhance data quality through various built-in validations with
the ability to maintain features in a historical archive.
- Edit point features or symbology once and have all affected
charts updated automatically.
- Utilize a service-oriented architecture for product deployment
and data dissemination.
- Facilitate streamlined workflows through standardized
assignment, execution, monitoring, and reporting of production