Planning and Development activities vary based on the nature of the local government but are rooted in practices that promote business diversity, attract talented citizens, and encourage quality places and environments. Planning is a process that requires local governments to inventory their assets, analyze trends, communicate goals, and monitor effectiveness. Land use and transportation planning allow local governments to collectively identify these goals and communicate them with citizenry. Zoning, permitting and other regulatory activities typically are used to preserve and effectuate these goals.
ArcGIS can be configured to support your planning responsibilities and help you:
- Identify master plan, land use, and zoning boundaries
- Enhance the public comment process
- Organize land use and regulations information
- Notify potential stakeholders
- Provide information to field staff
- Plan a sustainable community
- Attract economic investment and growth
The maps and applications in the ArcGIS for Local Government Planning and Development module will help you successfully implement GIS in your Planning, Zoning, Building or Economic Development organization.