Esri's rich client applications, which are also referred to as Desktop GIS, allow users to perform advanced spatial analysis, model operational processes, and visualize results on professional-quality maps.
Consider using rich client applications if:
- Your application must support disconnected or occasionally connected scenarios.
- Your application will be deployed on client PCs.
- Your application must be highly interactive and responsive.
- Your application user interface must provide rich functionality such as 3D visualization and user interaction.
- Your applications must utilize the resources of the client PC.