Training exercises are available to guide you through key stages of your topographic basemap development. The following topics are covered in these exercises:
- Community Map Template: Introduce yourself to the Community Map Template by exploring the multi-scaled template setup.
- Source Data Inventory: Become familiar with the source tracking system and understand the relationship between your source data and the feature classes in the Community Map Data Model.
- Data Migration: Discover how to migrate spatial data, using the ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension, into the Community Map Template geodatabase.
- Derived Data Layers and Refinements
- Vegetation: Learn how to create a Vegetation layer from four-band National Agriculture Imagery Program (NAIP) imagery.
- Contours: Create indexes for your Contour layer in order to facilitate display styles for different scales through definition queries.
- Map Caching: Learn how to create a successful cache and become familiar with the tools available to create a cached map product.
Click here to download the tutorial exercises.
Click here to download the exercise data. This is a self-extracting zip file.
These exercises are written for ArcGIS 10.0 users. If you are using ArcGIS 9.3.1 please contact us for appropriate materials and data.