Based on whether there is existing data and what type of database available, ArcPad workflows can be categorized into three main groups:
- Data requirements often defined “on the job”
- New projects or new data files are created in the fieldSee how to create a new QuickProject in the field.
When local database is the available data source
- A single desktop system and small number of users
- Users prepare data for ArcPad before data collection
- Edit the prepared data in the field
- Users post the change back to local geodatabase
See how to get data for ArcPad on desktop computers.
When enterprise database is the available data source
- Centrally managed server and database involved
- Users publish the ArcPad services on server
- Services deployed to devices via wireless or wired networks
- Changes synchronized between devices and the GIS server
See how to publish an ArcPad service.