Getting Ready to Use ArcGIS Explorer
1. Check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Explorer. You can download and run a small executable from System Requirements Lab (SRL) to analyze your computer's score for running ArcGIS Explorer.
2. Check the System Requirements.
3. Uninstall any previously installed builds of ArcGIS Explorer, ArcGIS Explorer Current User, ArcGIS Explorer SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework and ArcGIS Explorer Expansion Packs.
Download ArcGIS Explorer
Download ArcGIS Explorer (build 1700)
Note: This ArcGIS Explorer setup is intended for users who have administrator access on their computers, or are using other ArcGIS products. The ArcGIS product versions supported with ArcGIS Explorer are ArcGIS 9.3, 9.3.1 and 10. If you have ArcIMS, ArcGIS Server, or ArcGIS Server Image extension on your machine, halt these programs and services before installing ArcGIS Explorer. See the ArcGIS Explorer Installation Guide for additional details.
Download ArcGIS Explorer (build 1700) Current User
Note: The ArcGIS Explorer Current User setup is intended for users who do not have administrator access on their computers and do not have any other ArcGIS products installed. This setup allows non-administrator users to install ArcGIS Explorer, but cannot be used to install ArcGIS Explorer on the same computer as other ArcGIS Products. See the ArcGIS Explorer Current User Installation Guide for more information.
Develop Custom Add-ins with the ArcGIS Explorer SDK
1. Make sure you have ArcGIS Explorer and a supported version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed. For more information read the ArcGIS Explorer SDK Installation Guide.
2. Download ArcGIS Explorer (build 1700) SDK
Extend ArcGIS Explorer with Expansion Packs
Data Access Expansion Pack
Expands geodatabase functionality by allowing direct connections to multi-user geodatabases. For support information see the Product Compatibility Matrix for Clients and Servers of ArcSDE technology in ArcGIS Server.
Download the Data Access Expansion Pack for ArcGIS Explorer (build 1700)
Download the Data Access Expansion Pack for ArcGIS Explorer (build 1700) Current User
Fonts Expansion Pack
Adds more ESRI fonts for use with ArcGIS Explorer. ESRI fonts are used when displaying ArcGIS Layer files and Layer packages.
Download the Fonts Expansion Pack for ArcGIS Explorer (build 1700)
Projection Engine Expansion Pack
Adds more projections and geotransformations for use with ArcGIS Explorer.
Download the Projection Engine Expansion Pack for ArcGIS Explorer (build 1700)
Download the Projection Engine Expansion Pack for ArcGIS Explorer (build 1700) Current User
Add Local Help Behind your Firewall
ArcGIS Explorer uses a Web-based help system. If you are connected to the internet, you do not need local help files. If you are behind a firewall or disconnected from the internet, you can download this compressed file containing local help files.