The ArcGIS Data Appliance 4.0 provides a turnkey GIS solution, optimized for publishing with an ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 or 10 Advanced or Standard license. ArcGIS data appliance provides terabytes of rich, detailed data from industry-leading data providers to enhance your ArcGIS Server applications and services.
The ArcGIS Data Appliance 4.0 includes preloaded hardware from Cutting Edge to support the configuration with the data collection(s) that you have licensed from Esri.
Each data collection includes Help specifically for deploying that collection's set of services.
Installing ArcGIS Data Appliance hardware
Cutting Edge provides several reference documents in the box with your appliance and on their web site to help you install the ArcGIS Data Appliance 4.0 hardware for your Windows or Linux configuration:
- User Guide: Includes information on installing the data appliance hardware and configuring the data appliance on your Local Area Network
- System Reference: Provides data appliance hardware instructions on rack mounting, cabling, drive handling, power supply, and system interface
- Quick Installation Guide: Lists box contents and provides an overview of the data appliance hardware installation steps
- Warranty Documentation: U.S. and International Warranty information for the data appliance hardware
Refer to the user guide for your configuration on the Cutting Edge web site to install the ArcGIS Data Appliance hardware: Esri ArcGIS Data Appliances for Windows or Esri ArcGIS Data Appliances for Linux. Once the ArcGIS Data Appliance hardware is installed, powered on, and attached to the network, it is ready to be used with ArcGIS Server.
Deploying the ArcGIS Data Appliance services
Your next steps will be to configure file shares and configure ArcGIS Server services for use with ArcGIS applications.
You have two options for help with deployment:
- Esri's ArcGIS Resource Center provides you with up-to-date versions of the help system that was shipped with each data collection; new information has been added and existing topics have been updated as necessary. See the deployment information for your ArcGIS Data Appliance data collection to access the latest resources:
- Each data collection contains help documentation. Located under the help folder of each collection is the help.htm file (for example, \\ArcGISDataAppliance\Basemap_Collection\help\help.htm). Open this file using any web browser. Deployment instructions are included in the help, under the "Deployment" topic.
Using ArcGIS Data Appliance services
Use the help provided on the data appliance under the "User guides" topic or available through Esri's ArcGIS Resource Center for your ArcGIS Data Appliance 4.0 data collection to get started using ArcGIS Data Appliance services: